Wednesday, July 30, 2014

7 Months of Awesome!

One morning Quin woke up and was CRAZY. The mellow immobile blob is now an energetic crawling tiny man. 

His favorite things to taste while army crawling around are cords, other people's house plants, and loose papers.
He and I practice the piano together almost every day and he loves it. I didn't want him to think it was ok to bang on the piano but I learned that  early exposure might set him up for success. Much like how using crayons is the precursor to writing. 

Quin is very affectionate. Well, I'm assuming what he's doing to me is affection. He reaches out to touch our faces (and then sometimes grabs onto them) and even gives slobbery "kisses". 

He likes strangers and flirts with almost everyone. This either means he thinks the world is a safe place or he doesn't have a strong attachment to his parents, depending on which authority on parenting you are talking to. I've stopped taking every single piece of parenting advice to heart and that's a good thing because I have a lot less guilt and am probably a better mother. 
Quin is a great little travel buddy. We drove to Boise with my dad for Great Grandpa Dodge's funeral. He was understandably fussy for a kid who had to sit in a car seat for hours in a car with no air conditioner, but I thought he did really well. Grandpa was very empathetic and helpful and it was such a delight to spend time with him. 

He showed us around Hood River where he grew up and that was really special. 
Quin has five teeth going on six. He likes to try them out on furniture legs and wayward fingers. 

2 comments: