Monday, December 9, 2013

Love Songs

I've noticed that a lot of love songs are much more amusing when you imagine they are about you and your baby. Here are some of the lyrics I have enjoyed:

"Must I always be waiting, waiting for you?"
"It won't be long now."
"Baby all I want for Christmas is you!"
"I might have to wait. I'll never give up. I guess it's half timing and the other half's luck. Wherever you are, whenever it's right, you'll come out of nowhere (actually...) and into my life! And I know that we can be so amazing. And being in your life is gonna change me... I promise you kid, to give so much more than I get. I just haven't met you yet!"

Songs that could be about the postpartum period:
You spin me right round, baby right round."
"But I won't cry for yesterday. There's an ordinary world somehow I have to find. And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world I will learn to survive."
"I don't pick up the mail. I don't pick up the phone. I don't answer the door. I don't keep this place up. I just keep the lights down. I don't live in these rooms. I just rattle around... As quietly as a mouse I roam these halls."
"You should be holding on to him girl. Just like just like you want to do. Just love him squeeze him girl!"

And my very favorite:
"I've got you under my skin. I've got you deep in the heart of me. You're so deep in my heart that you're really a part of me."

1 comment: